Bombshell Online Transformation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health | Fitness | Eat Clean

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kim Applebee

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Monday 4/1/13
B: (8:00am) My Morning Shake (same as always Very Happy ); green tea

S: Didn't have one since I drank my morning shake at 8:00am

(10:00am) Worked Out

L: (11:15am) Post-Workout: 3/4c greek yogurt mixed with 1 1/2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder and 1 Kashi Dark Mocha Almond granola bar crumbed on top

S: (2:30pm) 1 small apple with 1 1/2T natural peanut butter

D: (5:30pm) Taco Salad: Lettuce, topped with lean ground beef mixed with lean ground turkey, cheese, tomato, green pepper, onion, 1T refried beans and 1tsp ranch dressing (Made tacos for the family and I made a taco salad for my husband and I):

Tuesday 4/2/13
B: (7:00am) My Morning Shake; green tea

(9:15am) Worked Out

S: (10:15am) Post-Workout: 3/4c greek yogurt mixed with 1 1/2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder and 1 Kashi Dark Mocha Almond granola bar crumbed on top

L: (12:30pm) Roasted chicken; cucumber slices; 1 piece Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread

S: (3:15pm) 1 small apple with 1T natural peanut butter

D: (6:30pm) Scrambled eggs (2 eggs + 1 egg white) mixed with sauteed mushrooms and green onions

Wednesday 4/3/13
B: (6:45am) My Morning Shake; green tea

(8:45am) Worked Out

S: (10:00am) Post-Workout: 3/4c greek yogurt mixed with 1 1/2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder and 1 Kashi Dark Mocha Almond granola bar crumbed on top

L: (12:45pm) Roasted Chicken; 1 piece Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread with 1tsp natural peanut butter

S: No snack since I ate dinner eary during my son's track meet

D: (4:00pm) Chargrilled Chicken and Fruit Salad from Chick-Fil-A (no dressing or croutons)

S: (7:15pm) 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder in a glass of water; 1 tsp of dark chocolate chips mixed with 1T natural peanut butter (was craving something sweet)

Thursday 4/4/13
B: (6:15am) My Morning Shake; green tea

(8:45am) Worked Out

S: (9:30am) Post-Workout: 3/4c greek yogurt mixed with 1 1/2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder and 1 Kashi Dark Mocha Almond granola bar crumbed on top

L: (12:30pm) Scrambled eggs (1 egg + 3 egg whites) with 1c chopped mushrooms, 1/2 diced green bell pepper, and red pepper flakes; 1 piece Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread

Snack #1: (2:45pm) 12 almonds, handful of baby carrots

Snack #2 (4:00pm) 1 Larabar (I was still hungry and had just finished grocery shopping so I ate this in the car on the way home - I knew we weren't eating dinner until after my son got home from karate and didn't want to be starving)

D: (6:30pm) Turkey burger (no bun) topped with 1tsp pesto, lettuce, tomato and parmesean cheese shavings; 1 piece of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread

Friday 4/5/13
B: (6:45am) My Mornng Shake; green tea

S: No snack - had company at my house and didn't plan well (and didn't get my workout in either Crying or Very sad )

L: (12:00pm) Lean roast beef, carrots & a piece of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast

S: (3:00pm) 1 apple; 12 almonds

D: (5:30pm) Large Lobster Salad from Quizinos (not totally "clean" - there was light mayo mixed with the lobster but it wasn't a lot and I LOVE lobster)

Saturday 4/6/13

S: (9:00am) 12 almonds, handful of baby carrots

L: (11:00am) Quinoa mixed with asparagus, zucchini, tomato and about 1/4 of a small diced avocado

S: (2:00pm) 1 brown rice cake topped with 2 tsp natural peanut butter and 8 raisins

D: (5:00pm) Leftover Quinoa (see above)

Sunday 4/7/13

S: (9:00am) Our family went to a breakfast buffet before church with my in-laws. I ate small poritons of the following: scrambled eggs, ham, onions, bell peppers, 1 small cheese enchilada (wrapped in a corn tortilla - not flour), pineapple chunks

L: (12:10pm) Hummus with cucumber slices

S: (3:00pm) Handful of baby carrots; 12 almonds

D: (6:00pm) Shrimp Ceasar Salad: Romaine lettuce, grilled shrimp, black beans, sprinkle of cheese, tomato, a few avocado slices and about 2tsp of ceasar dressing (ate out at a Mexican Restaurant)
Back to top Go down
HeatherF
Admin
HeatherF

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

You are doing so good Kim!

I never even thought of making my own taco salad before. I always eat one at the mexican place for my splurge meals. Can you share your recipe and a how to?
Back to top Go down
https://bombshellonline.forummotion.com
Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:02 am

Hi Heather.. Here is the way that we make our taco salad. (we have 5 kids so you may want to cut the recipe in half):

Mix 1lb of lean turkey meat with 1lb lean ground beef (we only did it this time because that's what we had in the fridge. Sometimes we use all lean ground beef but this time since we had the turkey we used it and really liked it).

Heat some olive oil (just until it barely covers the bottom of the pan). Add 2 chopped onions, 1 1/2 T (or 2 if you like more) of chili powder, and 2-3 minced, or chopped, garlic cloves. Stir together in the pan and let saute for about 30 seconds (as my husband say, "just to let the chili powder "bloom" ").

Add 1/2 the meat mixture and cook until the meat begins to turn grey (make sure there's still some pink left). Add the other 1/2 of the meat. Stir all together and cook until the meat is browned. With 2lbs. of meat, it cooks better doing it this way rather than dumping it all in the pan at once.

Add some cumin, oregeno, salt and pepper and stir all together (we don't even know how much we use.... we just wing it. The salt I use (when I use it) it a Himalayn Pink Mineral Salt and we barely use any).

Once all the meat is browned and the spices are mixed in, add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pan, put the lid on, and let simmer for about 20 minutes.

Once the meat is done, I layer my plate with chopped lettuce, meat, black beans, a sprinkle of cheese, a slice or two of avocado and a dollop of greek yogurt (as a substitute for sour cream).

Or instead of the meat, you can use grilled shrimp or shredded chicken. Sometimes I roast chicken breasts, shred the chicken, and then cook it exactly like I cooked the meat above. It makes a great seasoned chicken for Mexican dishes.

Let me know if you have ANY questions. Of course, adjust the amounts above to your liking. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee Empty

Back to top Go down

Kim Applebee
Page 1 of 1