Bombshell Online Transformation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health | Fitness | Eat Clean

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kim Applebee

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:31 am

Monday, March 4th

B: My Morning Shake (unsweetened almond/coconut milk, homemade Greek yogurt, flax oil, chia seeds, coconut oil, cocoa powder, coffee beans, Truvia)

S: 1 brown rice cake, 1 1/2T almond butter, 6 strawberries

L: (Post Workout): 1 1/2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder mixed in water, Salad with grilled chicken, black beans, cheese, romaine lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro

S: 1 apple, 12 almonds, 3 Ak-Mak crackers

D: Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps (from Clean Eating Magazine - Jan/Feb 2013)

S: 3 chocolate no-bake cookies Evil or Very Mad
Okay - just being real here.... my daughter asked if we could make some chocolate no-bake cookies. I felt super strong and said I would do it. I did great until they were cooling on the counter in front of me while I was on the computer. I should have left the room but instead I reasoned that I have been working out so hard that I could enjoy just one. Well, then I felt bad so I had another - and then I felt bad about that one so I had another.... 3 cookies total - bad, bad girl!!! So later that evening I was reading some questions that Heather had answered for her followers on her Fitspiration FB site. I saw her comment that ABS were made in the kitchen and that struck me that my abs are a big area that I really need to work on so I really need to keep it clean in the kitchen. Ok... end of story, and I'm back on track!!!

Tuesday, March 5th

B: My Morning Shake (see Monday)

S: (Post-Workout): 1 1/2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder mixed into 3/4c homemade yogurt with 10 small almonds and a Kashi Dark Chocolate Mocha granola bar crumbled on top

L: Scrambled eggs (1 egg + 3 egg whites wiith mushrooms, and onion cooked in 1 1/2 tsp of coconut oil), 1 piece of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread

S: 12 baby carrots, 1 string cheese

D: Turkey burger on a whole wheat english muffin with lettuce, tomato, red onion and mustard

Wednesday, March 6th

S: (Post-Workout): 1 1/2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder mixed into 3/4c homemade yogurt with 10 small almonds and a Kashi Dark Chocolate Mocha granola bar crumbled on top

L: 3 oz. lean roast beef, 6 baby carrots, 1 piece Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread

S: 1 Larabar, 1 hard-boiled egg, 12 small almonds

D: Salad with carrots, red onion, tomato, crumbled hard-boiled egg, sunflower seeds, sprinkle of cheese and cottage cheese (ate out with the family). Since I wasn't sure if this was enough protein, I drank 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder in a glass of water when we got home

Thursday, March 7th

S: (Post-Workout): 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder mixed into 1/2c homemade yogurt with 6 small almonds, 7 blackberries, and a Kashi Dark Mocha Almond granola bar crumbled on top

L: 1/2 of a whole wheat pita filled with 1 Garden Veggie Burger, 1 oz. jalepeno jack cheese, 1/6 avocado and 1/4 cucumber

S: 1 string cheese, 8 baby carrots

D: Steamed mussels, small side salad with lettuce, carrots, red cabbage, and mozzarella cheese (no dressing) - Ate out at an Italian Restaurant and this is the clean meal that I eat when I go there

Friday, March 8th

B: My Morning Shake (see Monday

S: (Post-Workout): 1 1/2 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder mixed into 1/2c homemade yogurt with 6 small almonds, 10 blackberries, and a Kashi Dark Mocha Almond granola bar crumbled on top

L: Turkey burger topped with melted pepper jack cheese and red pepper flakes, 1/2 of a bell pepper, 1 slice of ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread

S: 2 oz. roasted chicken breast, 8 baby carrots

D: Homemade pizza (1 whole wheat pita brushed with olive oil; topped with mozzarella cheese, onions, mushrooms and green bell pepper), 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder mixed in a glass of water (since the pizza didn't have a whole lot of protein)

Saturday, March 9th

S: 1 hard-boiled egg, 6 baby carrots

L: 4 oz. Baked cod filet, 5 carmelized brussel sprouts, 1 piece of ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread

S: (Post-Workout): 1 1/2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder mixed in a glass of water

D: 2 pieces baked tilapia (I'm guessing about 3-4oz); steamed broccoli, green salad topped with cottage cheese, green peppers,red onion, sunflower seeds and a drizzle of ranch dressing - literally 1 teaspoon (family went to a buffet before the basketball game and this is what I got)

Sunday, March 10th

S: 10 almonds, 6 baby carrots, cup of green tea

L: Turkey burger topped with melted pepper jack cheese and red pepper flakes, 1 orange, 1 slice of ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread

S: 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder mixed into 1/2c plain yogurt with 6 small almonds and a Kashi Dark Mocha Almond granola bar crumbled on top

D: Homemade chicken enchiladas (2 corn tortillas, roasted chicken breast, cheese, enchilada sauce, lettuce, chives, low-fat Greek yogurt - used as a substitute for sour cream)

S: 1 cup of Yerba Mate Chocolatte Tea, 2 squares 70% dark chocolate

Last edited by Kim Applebee on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 am; edited 37 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jsmcdonnell

Jsmcdonnell

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Hey Kim...where did you find the brown rice cakes? I've searched & searched to no avail. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi Jamie!

The funny thing is that I had a pack of Quaker rice cakes in my cupboard when I started this program and I wanted to check to see if they are clean and couldn't believe that the only two ingredients were "whole grain brown rice and salt". You can also find them unsalted and lightly salted. I buy the Quaker brand. I would never have guessed that they were made with whole grain brown rice because they look "white" not "brown" to me, but they are! Hope this helps. Kim Smile

Back to top Go down
Jsmcdonnell

Jsmcdonnell

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 pm

The ones I have are made from brown rice as well! Too funny. On a side note, do you make your own larabars? I looked up a recipe & they don't seem very difficult. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:09 pm

That is so funny about the rice cakes - who knew!!

As far as the Larabars, I have been buying mine at King Soopers (a Kroger store). I have been wanting to make my own as well but just haven't yet. I stumbled across this website and she has several different Larabar recipes as well (under the "Snack" section within "Recipes"): http://mywholefoodlife.com/recipes/ Let me know if you make any and like them and I may attempt some this weekend. If I do, I'll let you know how they turn out.

I've also been wanting to make the protein bars. Have you made any of those?
Back to top Go down
Jsmcdonnell

Jsmcdonnell

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:01 am

Alrighty...I'm going to tackle both types of bars next week when I'm off from school for Spring Break and have more time. I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out. I'm more of a cook and not so much a baker :-)
Back to top Go down
HeatherF
Admin
HeatherF

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 am

How do you make no bake cookies? LOL I have never heard of that.
Back to top Go down
https://bombshellonline.forummotion.com
Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi Heather - Are you sure you want to know???? - LOL!! Even though they are called "No Bake" they actually are cooked on the stove top. Here is the recipe that I used: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/no-bake-cookies/3f607d5e-b59d-4072-9812-aed8df3241f5

But stay away from them - they are evil! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
HeatherF
Admin
HeatherF

Kim Applebee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kim Applebee   Kim Applebee EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:57 pm

Your log was perfect! I will try that recipe on my splurge day Smile
Back to top Go down
https://bombshellonline.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

Kim Applebee Empty